1. Geographic Restrictions
1.1 The Sites are for use by persons located in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa only. The Sites may be administered and operated from locations within and outside of the European Union including, but not limited to, the United States. Although the Sites may be accessible worldwide, not all features, products, or services discussed, referenced, provided, or offered through or on the Sites are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or are appropriate or available for use outside of the European Union. Libbey, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit the provision and quantity of any feature, product, or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product, or service made on the Sites is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the Sites from outside the European Union, you do so at your own initiative and you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
2. Prohibited Uses
- 2.1 The Sites may be used for lawful purposes only. Libbey specifically prohibits any use of the Sites, and requires that you not use the Sites, for any of the following: (i) posting any information that is incomplete, false, inaccurate, or not your own; (ii) engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, national, or international law or regulation; (iii) communicating, transmitting, or posting material that infringes on another’s intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights; or (iv) communicating, transmitting, or transferring information or software derived from the Sites to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of United States export control laws.
- 2.2 Libbey will investigate violations of system or network security and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting those who are involved in such violation. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Sites, including, without limitation, the following: (i) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a Libbey server or account that you are not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures (or succeeding at same); (iii) attempting to interfere or interfering with the operation of our Sites, our provision of services to any other visitors to our Sites, our hosting provider, or our network including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Sites or overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” the Sites; and (iv) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or transmission.
3. Accounts, Passwords, and Security
3.1 Certain features or services offered on or through the Sites may require you to open an account (including setting up a username/ID and password). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failure to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify Libbey immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Libbey or any other user of or visitor to the Sites due to someone else using your username/ID, password, or account as a result of your failure to keep your account information secure and confidential.
4. User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions
- 4.1 Libbey is pleased to hear from you and welcomes your comments regarding our products. Libbey does not allow, consider, or accept creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials other than those we have specifically requested. Libbey hopes that you will understand the intent of this policy is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by Libbey employees and agents seem similar to creative works submitted by you. Accordingly, while Libbey values your feedback, we ask that you not send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials for our business, unless specifically requested.
- 4.2 If, at our request or without our request, you send creative ideas, suggestions, customer reviews, photographs, proposals, plans, or other materials (“Comments”) to us, you agree that Libbey may, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate, and otherwise use in any medium any Comments that you forward to Libbey. Libbey shall not be under any obligation to: (i) maintain any Comments in confidence; (ii) pay compensation for any Comments; (iii) post any Comments for the public’s view; or (iv) respond to any Comments. Libbey has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, edit, and/or remove any Comments.
- 4.3 You are responsible for your own communication, including the transmission, posting, and uploading of information, and are responsible for the consequence of such communication to the Sites. You agree that your Comments will not violate the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights. You further agree that your Comments will not contain libelous or other unlawful, abusive, or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Sites. You may not impersonate someone or otherwise mislead Libbey as to the origin of any Comments. You are solely responsible for any Comments you make and their accuracy. Libbey takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments posted to our Sites by you or any third party.
5. Site Contents
5.1 Libbey reserves the right, at any time in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Sites or any services, content, features, or products offered through the Sites (collectively, the “Materials”) with or without notice.
7. Errors, Omissions, and Inaccuracies
- 7.1 Occasionally, there may be information on our Sites that contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. Libbey reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information on the Sites without prior written notice.
- 7.2 Although Libbey has made every effort to display our Products and their colors as accurately as possible, the displayed colors of the product will depend upon your monitor and Libbey cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the products.
8. Proprietary Rights
8.1 As between you and Libbey (or any other company whose marks appear on the Sites), Libbey (or the respective company) is the owner and/or authorized user of any registered or unregistered trademark, trade name, and/or service mark appearing on the Sites, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Materials on the Sites, unless otherwise indicated. The logos, designs, titles, phrases, and product names of Libbey (and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, and sister companies) and the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, “Libbey Intellectual Property”) are owned by Libbey and may be registered in the European Union and internationally, including the United States. You agree not to display or use Libbey Intellectual Property in any manner without Libbey’s prior permission. Nothing on the Sites should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Libbey Intellectual Property without the prior written consent of Libbey.
8.2 If you believe that your work has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement, provide written notice of the following to B.V. Koninklijke Nederlandsche Glasfabriek Leerdam, Attention – General Manager of EMEA, Lingedijk 8, 4142 LD Leerdam, Netherlands: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Sites; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
10. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer
10.1 YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SITES. LIBBEY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION ACCESSED FROM OR VIA THE SITES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL MATERIALS, FUNCTIONS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITES, WHICH ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION; UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS; AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. LIBBEY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES OR THEIR FUNCTIONS, THE MATERIALS, OR THE SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THEREBY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. LIBBEY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS, INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITES, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITES. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU LIVE IN A JURISDICTION THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES.
11. Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- 11.2 NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OF THE FOREGOING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE MANDATORY LAW, LIBBEY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS, DATA, OR SALES; LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; OR LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES.
- 11.3 The Sites may provide links to other sites and resources. Libbey provides these links to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement of the site. Your dealings with other companies promoted on or through the Sites are solely between you and such other company. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that Libbey shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings.
12. Breach and Termination
13. Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
Revised October 2016